Parade Date: Saturday, May 4, 2024, 10:00 a.m.
Entries must be received by 4 p.m., Friday, April 26, 2024
We're having a parade to celebrate College Park and we want you to join us!
We are looking for City-based organizations and groups, including marching bands, military units, classic/custom vehicles, dogs/animals, equestrian groups, majorettes, fire/police vehicles, cheerleading squads, groups, performers, motorized floats, clown/humorist entries, girl and boy scouts, civic organizations, and many others. The parade will be limited to a family-friendly, general audience program.
Prizes will be awarded for the best entries in each category.
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since the parade is taking place on May 4th, we welcome those who are interested to celebrate the day in their favorite Star Wars themed attire. Prizes will be awarded for the best entry in each category.
May the force be with you!
Describe what your group will be doing while marching in the parade including the amount of members, performance content, etc.
If you check yes, a member of our team will reach out to you for additional information. All performances in front of the review stand must be pre-approved and scheduled in advance.
Please list uniforms, costumes, props/equipment, banners, etc.
Please describe if the float is motorized, the length, width, height, theme/design, visible wording on float, etc.
This will be read by the emcee as you pass through. Please write this the way you would like it to read the day of the parade. Description should not exceed 50 words, City reserves the right to edit narratives.
Please tell us how you heard about the Celebrating College Park Parade.
1. All parade units (“Units”) and their participants (“Participants”) must be pre-registered. Units that have not completed paperwork and received approval will not be allowed to participate.
2. For safety purposes candy, flyers, tokens, etc. must be passed out to the crowd and NOT thrown from a vehicle. Units throwing candy, etc. will not be allowed to return. This is a safety issue for children running in the street to collect candy. Individual Units may be held liable in the event of an accident.
3. Units must maintain no more than 30 feet between each other and must continue moving forward. For the safety of all, no Units may stop to perform while on the parade route. Units delaying the parade will be subject to removal.
4. Dogs or other animals are not allowed in the parade unless pre-approved in writing by the City's Event Planner.
5. Cars driven simply for advertisement will not be permitted unless used in conjunction with a marching unit, float, etc.
6. Use of bike helmets is strongly encouraged.
7. Final confirmation with a unit number will be sent to each approved Unit approximately one week prior to the parade.
8. If Participants hear an emergency vehicle siren, they and the Unit should move immediately to the right side of the road.
9. Line-up begins at 9:30 a.m. Streets will be barricaded at approximately 10:00 a.m. No vehicle will be allowed to line up after 10:00 a.m.
10. For everyone’s safety, Participants should walk alongside, not in front or in back of, a vehicle. Participants shall not get on or off a Unit float/vehicle during the parade.
11. The City of College Park Events Staff reserves the right to revoke approval for a registered Unit (even the day of the event) if they are inappropriate to the event.
12. A family friendly, general audience program is planned for this event. The City of College Park reserves the right to refuse or deny any entry for any reason including but not limited to incomplete application, lateness, inappropriateness, etc. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
13. Please share these Parade Participation Policies & Procedures with everyone in your parade Unit.
I have read and agree to all the Parade Participation Policies & Procedures. I understand that my Unit is subject to the approval of the City of College Park and that non-compliance with these Parade Participation Policies & Procedures is subject to removal from the parade. I understand that the City of College Park reserves the right to remove any Unit from the parade as it deems necessary under the circumstances for the orderly administration of the parade. The undersigned Participant, on behalf of the Unit represented, waives and releases the City of College Park and all of its departments, officials, officers, agents and employees from all claims, suits, costs, losses, debts, actions, demands, liabilities, expenses, and/or damages to persons or property in any manner arising out of or connected with the Celebrating College Park Parade on May 4, 2024. It is expressly understood by the parties to this agreement that this waiver and release by the Participant does not extend to liabilities arising from the negligent acts or omissions of the City, its agents, and employees.
MY SIGNATURE BELOW INDICATES THE AGREEMENT TO PARADE PARTICIPATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AND TO THE WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS ON BEHALF OF OUR UNIT AND ITS PARTICIPANTS.
You must check all options in order to participate
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field