APRIL IS SPRING CLEANUP MONTH
Each Saturday from 7:30 a.m. - Noon
Department of Public Works, 9217 51st Avenue, College Park
DPW will be open for City residents to drop-off bulky trash, electronics for recycling, brush, and yard trim.
- The following will be available for purchase and pick-up: Rain barrels ($72), yard waste carts ($25), and backyard compost bins ($20).
- You must be a resident of the City of College Park and bring proof of City residency in order to participate, although anyone can buy compost or wood mulch during this event.
- Residents may dispose of one of each of the following items per year for free: air conditioners, heat pumps, dehumidifiers, and refrigerators. Tires will incur a disposal fee of $4.00 each.
- Wood mulch and Smartleaf® screened compost will also be available, you don’t need to be a resident in order to purchase.
- Hazardous materials will not be accepted (light bulbs or tubes, batteries, shingles, propane tanks, paint, etc.)
Two participating organizations Community Forklift and GreenDrop are accepting donations that are still in good condition. Clean out your homes, garages, and sheds, and bring the items you no longer use or need and donate them for reuse. Donations are tax deductible. The following types of materials will be collected separately so they may be reused:
- Community Forklift: Building, remodeling, and gardening materials – any surplus or salvaged (in GOOD condition) items from your latest home or garden improvement job, including but not limited to bricks and pavers, plumbing and light fixtures, tiles and flooring material, cabinets, doors, gardening supplies, and tools. Click here for full list of acceptable items.
- GreenDrop: Clothing and household items – cookware, dishes, books, linens, games, toys, clothes, shoes, and intact furniture items (NO upholstered furniture or mattresses/box springs). Click here for full list of acceptable items.
Call or email Public Works with questions or for more information (240-487-3590; email@example.com).
Onsite document shredding services will be available at Public Works during the Saturday, April 20, Cleanup event from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Bring your paperwork to be shredded while you wait. Residency is required.