The City of College Park Public Works facility will be open for City residents to drop-off bulky trash, white goods, electronics recycling, brush, and yard trim. You must be a resident of the City of College Park and bring proof of City residency to participate.
Bulk trash brought to DPW on cleanup days does not count toward bulk trash limits, nor are any fees applied for appliances, televisions, or monitors. There is a $4 fee for all tires.
PUBLIC WORKS DOES NOT ACCEPT: Brick, concrete, rock, propane tanks, hazardous materials such automotive batteries, ammunition, automotive fluids/fuels, cleaning agents, cooking oil, mercury, insecticide/herbicide, fertilizer, oil-based paints, pool chemicals, photographic chemicals, roof shingles, smoke detectors, solvents, sealants, varnishes and stains.
FREE WOOD MULCH ON CLEANUP SATURDAYS!
College Park residents can get up to 5-cubic yards of wood mulch per cleanup day for FREE! We can load open bed trucks or trailers, or you can dig your own smaller amount (bring a shovel, and containers and wear sturdy footwear). Free wood mulch is only available during the two cleanup Saturday events, and you must be a resident of the City of College Park and bring proof of City residency to get material for free.
ITEMS FOR PURCHASE: You don’t need to be a resident to purchase any of the products except yard waste carts. Check the website for latest information regarding availability.
- Rain Barrels $80, limited number available
- Compost Bins $20 resident, $40 non resident
- Yard Waste Carts $30, residency required
- Smartleaf Compost $28 a cubic yard
- Wood Mulch $12 a cubic yard (Free during event for College Park residents)
DURING CLEAN-UP DAYS, THE FOLLOWING WILL BE COLLECTED:
- Household batteries for recycling – limit 6. This includes rechargeable batteries such as Li-Ion, Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Ni-Zn; Single-use alkaline batteries such as AA, AAA, 9V, C, D button cell, and lithium primary. No damaged batteries;
no automotive batteries.
- Fluorescent light bulbs and tubes – limit 4. Must be intact. Includes U-shaped or circular fluorescent lamps, High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps, Ultraviolet (UV) lamps, Incandescent Bulbs, Halogen or Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL’s).
- Block Styrofoam for recycling (coolers and large blocks of packing material). No packing peanuts, cups or plates.
DOCUMENT SHREDDING – ONE DAY ONLY!
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8 - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Onsite document shredding services will be available to City of College Park residents on Saturday, October 8, from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Bring your old tax records, medical paperwork, and any other confidential information to be shredded while you wait. All paper will be recycled. You must be a resident of the City of College Park and bring proof of residency to participate.