October Cleanup Saturdays & Shredding Event
October 10 & 24 from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Department of Public Works, 9217 51st Avenue
The City of College Park Public Works facility will be open for City residents to drop-off bulky trash, white goods, electronics recycling, brush, and yard trim.
You must be a resident of the City of College Park and bring proof of City residency in order to participate, although anyone can buy compost or wood mulch during this event. We will collect gently used items for donation to GreenDrop and Community Forklift.
Special events include:
- Paper Shredding - October 10 from 8:00 a.m. to Noon
- Paint Recycling - October 24 from 8:00 a.m. to Noon. Yuck Old Paint will be on hand to collect latex and oil-based paint. Paint needs to be in the original container
New This Year! The following will be collected:
- Household batteries for recycling. This includes rechargeable batteries such as Li-Ion, Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Ni-Zn; Single-use alkaline batteries such as AA, AAA, 9V, C, D button cell, and lithium primary. No damaged batteries; no automotive batteries.
- Fluorescent light bulbs and tubes must be intact. Includes U-shaped or circular fluorescent lamps, High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps, Ultra Violet (UV) lamps, Incandescent Bulbs, Halogen or Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL’s).
- Block Styrofoam for recycling (coolers and large blocks of packing material). No packing peanuts, cups or plates.