October 8, 2022
9217 51st Avenue
College Park, MD 20740
Fall Cleanup and Shredding Event
Saturday, October 8, 2022
Cleanup Saturdays & Shredding Event
October 8* and 22, 2022, 7:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Public Works, 9217 51st Avenue, College Park
*Shredding Event is on Saturday, October 8, 2022, from 8:00 – 12:00 p.m.
- The City of College Park Public Works facility will be open for City residents to drop off bulky trash, white goods, electronics recycling, brush, and yard trim.
- You must be a resident of the City of College Park and bring proof of City residency to participate, although anyone can buy compost or wood mulch during this event.
- Electronics that may be recycled include, but are not limited to: TVs, computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, speakers, VCRs, CD, DVD & MP3 players, cell phones & PDAs, printers, scanners, fax machines, telephones, radios, stereos, electric tools, game systems, handheld games, microwaves, and cords/cables.
- NOT ACCEPTED: Bricks, concrete, rock, hazardous materials such as shingles, propane tanks, car batteries, paint, etc.
Wood mulch and SMARTLEAF® screened compost will also be available, you don’t need to be a resident in order to purchase. Wood mulch is $12.00 per cubic yard and Smartleaf® is $28.00 per cubic yard. (Prices include tax).
DURING FALL CLEANUP, THE FOLLOWING WILL BE COLLECTED:
- Fluorescent light bulbs and tubes (small quantities) – must be intact. Includes LED lamps,
- U-shaped or circular fluorescent lamps, High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps, Ultra Violet (UV) lamps, Incandescent Bulbs, Halogen or Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL’s).
- Household batteries for recycling (small quantities). This includes rechargeable batteries such as Li-Ion, Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Ni-Zn; Single-use alkaline batteries such as AA, AAA, 9V, C, D button cell, and lithium primary. No damaged batteries; no automotive batteries.
- Block Styrofoam for recycling (coolers and large blocks of packing material).
For more information call or email Public Works 240-487-3590; email@example.com