Buying a Home
- City of College Park New Neighbor Homeownership Program
- A grant assistance program to encourage the conversion of single-family rental properties to owner-occupied housing. Anyone purchasing a single-family home within the City of College Park that was previously rented for a minimum of two years OR anyone purchasing a single-family home or condominium unit that is in foreclosure or short sale status, is eligible for a $5,000 grant.
- The program may also be used by Police, Fire, and City Employees on any home in the City of College Park regardless of the homes status. Click here for program guidelines and application.
- CPCUP Home Ownership Program
- The CPCUP Home Ownership Program offers $15,000 in down payment and closing cost assistance to full-time, benefits elibible University employees who purchase a home in the City of College Park. The College Park City-University ("CPCUP") Home Ownership Program is part of an effort to increase the number of University of Maryland employees living in the City of College Park as outlined in the University District Vision 2020. Click here for program details and application.
- Prince George's County My HOME Program
- The County will provide homeownership assistance loans to qualified applicants purchasing a home from the Redevelopment Authority. Applicants can qualify for a loan of up to 10% of the sales price.
- More information and program guildelines are available through the link.
- Maryland Mortgage Program
- A variety of homeownership programs, including assistance with a down payment and closing costs.
- Home Loan Learning Center
- Provides step-by-step information on how to understand the finances behind buying a home.
- Maryland Homeownership
- Provides Information on buying a home, selling a home, working with a realtor, and other essentials.
- Prince George’s County Association of Realtors
- University of Maryland Relocation Information