City of College Park, Maryland

Public Works

Street Maintenance

Street Cleaning

Public Works sweeps 110 curb miles of City-owned streets 8 times annually. The City is divided into service areas. Public Works employees post signs notifying residents of scheduled street-sweeping activities.

Street Signs

Public Works maintains and installs traffic and street name signs on City-owned streets, parking meter posts, safety barricades, and banners. Traffic control signs are maintained in accordance with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. Call 240-487-3590 or email to report missing or damaged street signs.


Potholes and broken sidewalks on City streets should be reported to Public Works at 240-487-3590 or email The following streets are not City streets. Potholes on these streets should be reported to the appropriate agency:

  • Baltimore Ave/US Route 1: State Highway Administration, 301-776-7619
  • Greenbelt Rd/MD 430: State Highway Administration, 301-776-7619
  • University Boulevard/MD 193: State Highway Administration, 301-776-7619
  • Metzerott Road: Prince George's County, 301-499-8520
  • Rhode Island Avenue north of Greenbelt Rd/MD 430: Prince George's County, 301-499-8520
  • Kenilworth Ave: State Highway Administration, 301-776-7619
  • Campus Road (east) formerly Paint Branch Parkway: Prince George's County, 301-499-8520

Street Paving & Repair

Street repaving is scheduled on an as-needed basis in accordance with the City’s Pavement Management Plan, approved by the Mayor & City Council. The City Engineer’s office responds to questions, driveway apron requests, curb cut permits, broken sidewalks, major repairs to City streets and requests for special projects. Call 240-487-3597 or email


Pepco maintains the streetlights in the City. Call 202-833-7500 to report a streetlight that is not working. Have the following information available: pole number, street address, and type of pole (wooden or metal). You may also report street light outages on their website:

Storm Drains

Prince George’s County maintains storm drains. Call 301-499-8500 or go to to report a blocked or broken storm drain. Have the address nearest to the storm drain available when you call

Water Main Breaks

Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) maintains water mains. Call 301-206-4002 to report water main breaks or sewage back-ups.