- All refuse carts and recycling containers must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on scheduled refuse days.
- Carts and recycling containers must be removed from the curb before midnight on refuse collection day.
- All regular trash should be placed inside the refuse cart. If the volume of household refuse exceeds the capacity of the cart, please call for a special pickup for Thursday or Friday.
- Do not place recycling items in trash carts.
- Refuse carts must be kept clean by the user.
- Dogs and other pets must be confined on collection days.
- Do not place hazardous materials, such as oil, paint, poison, caustics, explosives, and pressurized tanks inside the carts.
- Any items which could be a hazard to the collector (such as broken glass, etc.) should be wrapped in paper before placing inside the cart or put in an impervious disposable container clearly labeled to indicate the hazard to the collector.
Materials Accepted for Collection
- Garbage (food waste)
- Normal household trash and other refuse which is not recyclable
- Domestic animal waste contained in plastic bags
These items are collected by appointment on Thursdays and Fridays only. Before putting your items to the curb, please call or email Public Works to schedule a pickup (240-487-3590; email@example.com).
- Bulky items such as furniture, mattresses, and other miscellaneous items
- Items such as major appliances, tires*, and residential building material
- Brush and logs
- Electronic Recycling: computers, tablets, keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, fax machines, TVs, VCRs, DVD/CD/MP3 players, stereos, radios, turntables, speakers, telephones, cell phones, PDAs, digital cameras, camcorders, electronic game devices, cables/cords, and microwaves.
Items Not Collected
Roof shingles, asphalt, tarpaper, bricks, dirt, rocks, concrete, block, pressurized containers, explosives, paint, poisons, fluorescent light bulbs or tubes, batteries, ammunition, and caustics or hazardous materials.
Trash and Recycling Pick-up Schedule
|Monday||Calvert Hills; Old Town; College Park Estates; Yarrow, Berwyn; Lakeland; Branchville; Autoville South|
|Tuesday||College Park Woods; Crystal Springs; Patricia Court; area north of MD 193, west of Rhode Island Ave, and east of Baltimore Ave|
|Wednesday||Cherry Hill; Autoville North; Sunnyside; area north of MD 193 and east of Rhode Island Ave|
Call 240-487-3590 for more information.
New Year's Day, Martin Luther King's Birthday, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. (Election Day and Inauguration Day during presidential election years.)
NOTE: Trash and recycling days will be 1 day later if a holiday falls on a collection day.
Click here for a printable 2017-2018 Holiday and Refuse Collection Schedule
(for a Spanish version, click here)