Calling all gardeners...
The City of College Park has two community gardens: one in Hollywood and one in Old Town. Whether you’re an experienced gardener or you just want to learn how to grow your first vegetables, the City invites you to join a garden and meet others who share your interest in planting and healthy eating.
The Hollywood Garden is located in the northern part of the City near the corner of Edgewood Road and Rhode Island Avenue, close to the the City's Youth and Family Services Building.
The Old Town garden is located in the southern part of the City, near the corner of Norwich Road and Columbia Avenue, just north of the Old Town Playground. To reach the garden from Route 1, turn at College Avenue, follow it to the end and then turn left onto Columbia Avenue.
All College Park residents are eligible to rent a plot in either garden. Members and additional volunteers are also occasionally needed to help maintain the garden.
- Garden access is limited to plot holders and authorized guests only.
- The gardens use raised beds. All plots are approximately 40 sq ft and arranged so that gardeners can reach in from at least two sides. The plots are 4 feet wide so that a person can reach the middle of their plot without stepping into the soil.
- Pesticides are not allowed.
- Water is provided from a faucet in the garden.
- A completed membership application, a signed hold harmless agreement and $15 registration payment is required.
For more information on the community garden or to check on plot availability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-487-3538